Whether you are playing the role of Harley Quinn or any of the several Overwatch Characters, the best body paint for cosplay can make your characters come to life.
But here is the main thing to consider – poor quality paint will not only destroy your costume; it may even affect your skin. Thus, when choosing paint, ensure that you go for legitimate brands, which are trusted by consumers.
Today, we have identified some of the top cosplay products and a useful guide to help you get started. The products we have on this list have excellent pigment concentration, can resist peeling and cracking. Furthermore, these are products that will look great, even after several hours of application.
Our Body Paints for Cosplay Recommendations
- Mehron Makeup Fantasy F/X Water Based Face & Body Paint – Best Overall
- Neon Nights 8 x UV Body Paint Black Bodypaint Face Paints – Best Under Ultra Violet Light
- Midnight Glo UV Body Paint – Best Toxic-Free Body Paint
- ArtiParty – Professional Face Paint Kit for Kids – Best Hypoallergenic Body Paint
- Graftobian ProPaint Face and Body Paints – Best Grease-Free Body Paint
- Snazaroo Face Paint (Best for Kids and Parties) – Best Body Paint For Children
- Fashion Angels Insta Costumes (Best for Halloween) – Best Body Paint For Halloween
- Jacquard Glitter Body Art – Best Shimmering Body Paint
#1 – Mehron Makeup Fantasy F/X Water Based Face & Body Paint
Never has Cosplay been this fun. Why? Well, the Mehron Makeup Fantasy Paint is the perfect way to stand out from the rest of the crowd. It’s a water-based and highly pigmented soft cream makeup paint. Each colour is available in a convenient 1 oz tube, which is easy to squeeze. Thus, the Mehron makeup paint makes up for the perfect solution for various paint applications, including Cosplay.
It won`t stick on your clothes, and you can easily wash it off with some detergent. The paint also sticks well on the skin, and can last for several hours. It has an appealing glow, and won’t look like stickers or poorly done paints.
- Water-based and highly pigmented soft cream make up
- Easy on the skin and does not cause rashes
- Suitable for different skin types
- Safe for use even under UV rays
- None that we could find!
#2 – Neon Nights 8 x UV Body Paint Black Bodypaint Face Paints
Enjoy the best of Cosplay when you have the Neon Nights 8 UV Body Paint. To be specific, this painting set is handcrafted and suitable for various painting applications. You can use it under black or ultraviolet light, and you will be pleased with a unique neon glow. This, with the neon nights 8 UV paint, you will become the life of the party, and instantly stand out from the crowd.
The paint is also easily removable, and you don’t have to worry about it spilling to your clothes. You can remove it from your fabrics by using some soap and water.
- Handcrafted neon bodypaint suitable for many skin types
- Vibrant colours come to life in Ultra Violet light
- Easy to remove and clean up
- Each pack contains a rainbow selection of colours
- Paint takes some time to dry
- The tubes are not well labeled
#3 – Midnight Glo UV Body Paint
Discover the excellence of the Midnight Glo UV Body Paint, which is available in as many as eight vibrant colors. These include red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and white. Each colour is available in a 75 oz bottle, which you can use for your needs.
More so, the is body paint is safe for all skin types, thus making it safe for use at all times. It also washes off easily, and you won’t have to hold your breath due to the nasty fumes. The body paint does not contain toxic or harmful chemicals which can affect your body.
Suitable for both day and night, this best body paint makes up for an excellent way for you to enjoy cosplay.
- Available in several colours
- Each bottle is an exceptional 75 oz
- Nontoxic and safe for different skin types
- Could be available with an applicator brush
#4 – ArtiParty – Professional Face Paint Kit for Kids – Non-Toxic & Hypoallergenic
The Professional Face Paint Kit For Kids is also an excellent solution if you want to enjoy cosplay. This body paint kit features an FDA compliant and paraben-free formula, which won’t cause rashes and skin allergies. Even more, the face paint will leave you with a natural appearance, that does not feel like cheap stickers placed on your face.
With such a unique combination of chemicals can easily apply this body paint to most skin types. Application is also easy because you have to dip the brush in some water and blend the colour with a brush. More so, the paint is also easy to remove, by using some soap and water.
- Water-based body paint is good for the skin
- Available with 16 appealing paints and three brushes
- Non-toxic, FDA compliant, and paraben-free formula
- Is to apply and remove using water
# 5 – Graftobian ProPaint Face and Body Paints
This blendable body paint can transform you into a colorful cosplay superhero in a jiffy. It is bright, durable, and designed to coat larger areas of the skin. With this body paint, you will use a very small amount to get a bold, vibrant coverage.
Graftobian ProPaint feels comfortable on the skin just the way your regular makeup would. It dries into a smooth brilliant finish without smudging all over in a gooey mess. You will love the fact that it neither feels heavy nor greasy, it just sits on the skin all day long without cracking or peeling off.
Before applying to the skin, all you need to do is to activate this ProPaint with a little amount of water. Moisten your brush or sponge and wipe it on the compact border to turn it into a cream. The outcome cream should be rich and spreadable but the thickness you choose to apply on your skin does not hinder its ability to wash off the skin with regular soap and water.
Made in the United States, this body paint is fragrance-free and requires a moisturizer as the base coat for the skin before application. Some of the shades from this paint can temporarily stain the skin and a thin moisturizer before can help to offset the stains.
- It is fragrance-free.
- It is smudge-free.
- It is easy to apply.
- It is long-lasting.
- It does not crack on the skin.
- It needs a small amount for large coverage.
- The pigmentation is bold.
- It rubs off on other surfaces.
- It is expensive.
- It leaves stains on the skin.
#6 – Snazaroo Face Paint (Best for Kids and Parties)
This popular body paint is both hypoallergenic and non-toxic because it is formulated using the safest FDA tested ingredients. These and the fact that it comes in bold colors makes it ideal for children of all ages. If you are a person who does not fancy notorious scents, Snazaroo Face Paint is the best pick for you because it is fragrance-free.
This water-based paint is vivid and with fast-drying properties. Being a water-based paint makes it easy to wash off the skin with regular soap and water. If your water is warm and enough, there is no point to scrub your skin red as the paint will peel off easily from the skin by itself.
Snazaroo Face Paint has been dermatologically approved by both professors and toxicologists. This makes it friendly even to the most sensitive skin. Another great characteristic of this face paint is, it does not emit any harmful fumes during the application process.
- It is an affordable paint.
- It is hypoallergenic.
- It is non-toxic and FDA compliant.
- It is dermatologically approved.
- It is fragrance-free.
- It is easy to wash off the skin.
- It is fast drying.
- It is kid-friendly.
- The pigmentation is not concentrated.
- It does not last long on the skin.
- It easily cracks on the skin.
#7 – Fashion Angels Insta Costumes (Best for Halloween)
This body paint helps you to transform into anything you want in an instant. It is great for Halloween parties and you can transform into a complete unicorn without having to worry about costumes. This complete kit is also great for festivals and other delightful occasions that require you to look like an alien.
Fashion Angel Insta Costumes come in rainbow hair color. It also has adhesive gems and stars and if you like, you can completely transform with the glitter rainbow headband horn. This kit is completely fun and transforming. It contains all you need and an instructions manual.
- It comes with an instruction manual.
- It has a variety of unicorn accessories.
- It has adhesive gems.
- It has 6 rainbow colors in the kit.
- The colors are vibrant and fun.
- It is expensive.
- Not easy to use without instructions.
#8 – Jacquard Glitter Body Art
This sparkling decoration body paint is designed to give a shimmering twist to your body art. It offers endless design options for fun which are non-permanent but worth the salt. The designs however can last you for days and if you wish to remove them, baby oil or jelly can do the work perfectly well for you.
Jacquard Glitter Body Art comes with self-adhesive stencils. Optionally, you can use the fine tip applicator bottle for custom designs. This means that you will have to draw your art freehand and you will need to be good at it to come up with a masterpiece for your skin.
By just letting the adhesive dry a little then dabbing on the glitter, you get your perfect art for your perfect skin. Alternatively, you can use a brayer and a rubber stamp. This glitter body art is great for parties, festivals, and other fun-filled occasions. Each kit comes with enough supplies for various designs.
Some of the supplies found inside Jacquard Glitter Body Art include; Jars of glitter, a bottle of adhesives, self-adhesive stencils, applicator tip, cotton swaps, and instructions guides with designs ideas. This body decoration paint is ideal for persons of 12years and above.
- It offers endless design options.
- It is non-permanent.
- The designs can last for days.
- It comes with self-adhesive stencils.
- It allows freehand design options.
- It is expensive.
- It takes time to dry.
How to Select the Best Cosplay Paint
- Paint ingredients – you want to go for paint ingredients that are easy on the skin, and won’t lead to issues such as allergic reactions to the skin
- Color availability – the availability of several colours means that you have access to many colours, you can use to try out different cosplay characters
- Ease of use – the paint should be easy to apply, with most paints being water-based paints. These are the best and are simple to use.
- Applicator accessories – also, ensure the paint is available with accessories such as a brush or sponge for convenient paint application
- Size of the tube or bottle – the paints are usually available in tubes, which average at 50 oz. Check the size of the tubes before getting the paint
Applying paint to your body or costume is the central theme of cosplay. You have to do it right if you want to stand out from the crowd, and become the life of the part. Thus, we recommend the best body paint for cosplay as the best place for you to start. These paints are not only safe on the skin but also suitable for coming up with many different original characters.
Furthermore, these paints are also simple to apply, and most come with applicator brushes or sponges for your convenience. Enjoy the next season of cosplay by getting the best body paint for your needs.