Adobe After Effects is an extremely popular program for video editing. Video editing is getting more popular as a hobby or profession. You therefore need the right equipment to be able to get it done right. Among some of the most critical resources in your repertoire should be the best laptop for after effects.
Whether you are a film student, video pro, or vlogger, you don’t need a fully functional studio set up to make a dent in the field. However, you will definitely need a good laptop. That being said, you won’t need to break the bank.
We have identified some of the best laptops for after effects. Similar to video editing, using Premiere Pro, you need a powerful laptop that can handle the massive demands associated with video editing. Using such programs requires a computer with robust RAM, CPU, GPU, and more. With such a laptop, you are sure of producing quality videos that stand out from the rest.
Our Recommendations For The Best Laptops for After Effects
- LG gram Laptop – 15.6″ – Best Overall
- MSI GF63 Thin 9SC-614 15.6″ Gaming Laptop – Best For Video Editing
- HP 15.6″ Touchscreen Laptop Computer – Best For Multitasking
- HP Pavilion X360 14-Inch Convertible Laptop – Best In Portability
#1 – LG gram Laptop – 15.6″ (Best Overall)
Take your video editing tasks everywhere you go when you have the LG Gram Laptop – a laptop perfect for After Effects. Weighing in at just under 2.5lbs, this laptop is both compact and sturdy at the same time. It also features a long-lasting battery that can last for as much as 18 hours. Furthermore, the laptop has a 15.6-inch FULL HD IPS touchscreen, which is both clear, and also improves the functionality of the machine.
Powered by an exceptional Intel Core i7 processor, this machine can breeze through most computer tasks with ease. It even comes with an outstanding 16GB ram, which is more than capable of handling after effects and other computing tasks.
- The lightweight laptop weighs just under 2.5lbs
- The long-lasting battery offers 18 hours of run time
- 15.6-inch Full HD IPS touchscreen
- Intel Core i7 processor blazes through most computer tasks
- The keyboard backlight is not bright enough
- The keyboard is not ergonomic
#2 – MSI GF63 Thin 9SC-614 15.6″ Gaming Laptop (Editor’s Choice)
MSI laptops are not only suitable for gaming, they also work well for heavyweight video editing tasks such as using After Effects. Thus, this is why the MSI GF63 Gaming Laptop is also perfect for your needs. Equipped with a powerful Intel Core i5 2.4Ghz processor, this computer blazes fast through most of your computer tasks. More so, it also features an exceptional NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics card, which can comfortably accommodate most video rendering procedures.
To make things better, the laptop has an exceptional 8GB RAM, which will easily accommodate heavyweight tasks on your computer. The hard drive is also an exceptional 512 GB SSD, which has no moving parts and is highly efficient for computers.
- The large 15.6-inch display is both clear and robust
- Powerful Intel core i5 processor blazes through most tasks
- 8GB memory is suitable for most computer tasks
- The 512 GB NVMe SSD is both robust and reliable
- Fan produces some noise when machine warms up
- The screen is not bright enough
# 3 – HP 15.6″ Touchscreen Laptop Computer (Top Contender)
The 2020 HP Touchscreen Laptop Computer is the perfect solution for your needs. This unit features a powerful 10th generation Intel core processor that blazes fast through your video editing tasks. Furthermore, it features a quad-core processor that offers optimal efficiency on the go. Equipped with a unique multi-touch support display, you are more than sure of a reliable machine for your unique computing needs.
It even features an ample-sized 15.6 HD WLED touchscreen, which is easy to use and highly convenient. Equipped with an exceptional 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 Memory for full-power multitasking. Moreover, the laptop even features an outstanding Realtek audio driver, which delivers high quality audio for your entertainment needs. Designed to be both quiet and powerful at the same time, this unit makes up for an excellent addition to your video editing regimen.
- Powered using the latest 10th generation intel core processor
- Powerful 15.6 HD WLED touchscreen with multi-finger support
- 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 Memory for full-power multitasking
- Realtek audio and 512GB SSD drive
#4 – HP Pavilion X360 14-Inch Convertible Laptop
Enjoy next-level computing performance when you have the exceptional Hp Pavilion X360 14 Inch Convertible Laptop. This unit is powerful, quiet, and thin at the same time. It features a unique Intel Core i5 graphics processor and Intel UHD graphics to deliver a unique gaming experience. Furthermore, the laptop even features dual speakers, which are tuned by experts to provide an all-around entertainment experience – perfect for after effects.
Moreover, the laptop also has a 360-degree hinge, which you can convert into four modes. Thus, you have a convenient machine that you can take along anywhere, as you proceed with your After Effects tasks. Control is at your fingertips, all thanks to the 14-inch multitouch-enabled glass display that has a narrow bezel structure.
- Four versatile modes improve the functionality of the laptop
- Streamlined and premium metal design
- Dual-stage configuration with SSD
- 8GB RAM with core i5 processor
- The laptop could use a better exterior finish
- Earphone port is not well positioned
How to Buy the Best Laptop for After Effects
- RAM – otherwise referred to as the Random-Access Memory, this is one of the most critical components of a good laptop. For after effects, its best to for a computer with more than 8GB of RAM
- GPU – the Graphics Processing Unit determines the effectiveness of your laptop at rendering videos and producing quality content. Consider a GPU of more than 6GB for the best results
- CPU – the Central Processing Unit is responsible for handling the tasks on your computer and resources. The best for After Effects would be an i5 or better.
- Computer brand – there are many computer brands with some of the famous brands, including HP, Dell, Lenovo, and more. These are brands you are sure will provide well-made machines for your needs.
- Harddisk -you need a computer with an SSD, which is much more efficient than when compared using an HDD.
- Additional features – features such as backlit keyboards and fingerprint readers can also be convenient for the pros
When it comes to handling computing tasks with enormous hardware and software demands, it’s best when you have the correct resources. In this case, the best laptop for after effects has powerful hardware and software features, as mentioned in the guide above. You will have to consider these features when buying a laptop, to ensure the best user experience.
Thus, get a laptop that meets all these design factors and more. With such a laptop, you have a reliable solution for taking your career to the next level.