What is the one thing that comes to your mind when you think of printing photos? Printers, right?
There are two types of printers in the world of printer technology that would stand 1v1 if any buyer wishes to buy any.
In the battle of inkjet vs. laser printers, the number of audience for both the pole is almost equal. If one pole is into faster print speeds and high volume printing, the other pole only wants to print photos.
But the battle is only between the experienced users. The beginners, however, get confused while buying printers to print documents, and this is one of the common questions asked by the customers, ‘which printer should I buy?’. Don’t you think before buying your desired printer, you should do research on them?
Inkjet or laser printer? You can only tell your taste if you give a little look at the differences.
So, here are the differences between inkjet and laser printers, and know which printer is going to be your taste:
What are Ink Tank Printers?
Ink tank printers are basically everyone’s old friend who is being used by the majority of the people in the world. These have improved a lot since those early inkjet printers. Inkjet printers tend to use printer ink and a small set of ink cartridges.
If you are curious how it works, let me tell you how:
- So, before you plan to use the printer and print photos, make sure you have connected it with electricity.
- When you pick an image to print, you let the equipment process your picture.
- Ink droplets from ink cartridges are sprayed on the paper.
- With the help of electricity, the ink droplets are expanded, forming a picture that you desire.
Inkjet printers, if you ask me, are perfect for beginners.
What are Laser Printers?
Unlike inkjet printing, laser printing does not require any typical ink. What is needed is called laser toner or toner powder which comes in a good set of laser toner cartridges. Most laser printers surpass printing technology basics and stand out of the crowd to be an exception in photo printing and the printer market.
Now, for printing documents, how does a laser printer work?
- They positively charge a drum after processing an image.
- The charge is reversed by a laser.
- The negatively charged areas attract the positively charged toner.
- And it forms an image.
Even though it sounds like a big job, you should be relieved to know that you just have to press one button and your photo printing friend is ready to do all the work.
Unlike any typical monochrome laser printer in the printer market, laser printers can print materials in any color.
Inkjet Printers Pros
- Perfect for printing photos, image-heavy documents
- The plain text printing costs are cheap
- Cheaper than laser printers
- An ink cartridge is more affordable than a toner cartridge
- If you run out of inks, you can always get newly refilled ink cartridges
- Different types of paper like glossy photo paper can be used
- Inkjet counterparts are lighter than laser printer counterparts
Inkjet Printer Cons
- Even though it is cheaper than laser machines, you can hardly find any cheap inkjet
- Wastes lots of printer ink while cleaning automatically
- The print speed is fast but not compared to laser machines.
- Does not always produce a clear image
Laser Printers Pros
- Faster than inkjet printers
- Produces clear images of small fonts and sharp black texts
- Improved print quality
- Expensive but wastes less compared to inkjet
- Suitable for high volume printing
Laser Printers Cons
- Faster print speeds, but it takes time to warm up.
- Very expensive
- Not all types of paper can be used in laser printers
- Unlike inkjet, not all kinds of paper can be used in laser printers
- Not suitable for photo printing
- Difficult to carry
Inkjet Printer vs. Laser Printer
Printers are all about papers and liquid ink or a standard toner cartridge with a bit of touch of electricity. Even though liquid ink is costly, it works for a long time until it’s time to get new ink cartridges.
Printing usually depends on printer owners. If you want an occasional printer for printing colorful photos, then inkjet is the one for you. Inkjets make print jobs more accessible and require less mess.
Similarly, laser printers are suitable in their print job, especially for office workers, since they prefer faster printer speed. The only problem is that it is costly and comes up with even more expensive toner cartridges.
Once you are done buying a printer, the only thing that should bother you is the ink costs.
Where Can You Find Cheap Liquid Printer Ink and All-in-One Printers?
If you are looking for some low-end laser printers or cheap inkjet AIO, you can skim through the website of HP.
HP LaserJet is comparatively cheap than the other laser printers in the market and offers excellent print quality and reliability.
You can get HP Inkjet printers and inkjet cartridges at a much lower price from their website for all-in-one printers.
Manufacturers sell inkjet printers and laser multifunction printers in different sites or markets at different prices. Of course, you can find it cheaper anywhere, but I have mentioned the place where you can get it for good.
If you are a printer owner and have explicit knowledge about printers, you would know the efficient way of using inkjet and laser printers. Most inkjet printers require printer ink to make their print quality topnotch, even though inkjet printers vary. Laser printers typically use laser and photoreceptors to do high-volume printing.
So, before you mistake bringing a laser printer at home and inkjet printers to your office, do proper research on printers. And also ink and toner cartridges. Hope you found this article helpful enough!